Burness is currently hiring:
Job Description: Communications Coordinator for Burness Global
Burness Communications, rated by Washingtonian Magazine as one of the 50 Best Places to Work in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, is seeking a communications coordinator to support the global team. Burness Communications is a public relations firm serving nonprofit organizations around the world. The global team represents the work of nonprofits in the areas of global health and international environment and agricultural issues.
Education, experience, technical skills and competencies:
- BA/BS (Communications, International Relations or International Development preferred)
- At least two years of work or internship experience
- Fluency in French is a must
- Strong MS Office and research skills
- Experience or demonstrate interest in global health issues
- Travel experience in developing countries a plus
Personal attributes and competencies
- Self-motivated, outgoing, optimistic and thrives in a team environment
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Possesses desire to learn and excel in a high-performance, fast-paced environment
- Able to multi-task with confidence and meet multiple deadlines in multiple time zones
- Researching relevant topics on global health
- Supporting team members in researching, writing, fact-checking and editing proposals and media outreach materials.
- Supporting team members in planning events and trainings around the world.
- Media monitoring.
- Tracking down, organizing and preparing media articles for presentation in client reports.
- Compiling reports of the media coverage generated as a result of press outreach efforts.
- Providing efficient and accurate note-taking and writing accurate summaries under deadline.
- Coordinating and conducting mailings, electronic distributions of press releases, media advisories and other written materials.
- Developing and maintaining media list as well as media lists for individual projects. This includes developing lists from scratch, updating them on an ongoing basis in our team’s database and creating reports. This is a detail-oriented project that is critical to the success of the team.
- Providing administrative support to the team as necessary.
- Keeping track of team’s internal filing system, making sure to obtain and keep updated final documents for each project, including press releases, proposals, and final reports.
- Depending on progress in managing all of the above activities and grasp of substantive issues being promoted by organizations in their media outreach efforts, the job could also include pitching of stores to media outlets.
Burness offers excellent benefits, competitive salary and a friendly, collegial working environment.
Send resumes and a cover letter (one page max) to Katy Lenard at email@example.com by July 31st