Burness is currently hiring:
Job Description: Junior Designer
Burness Communications is seeking a junior designer to join our team. The designer will work with the design team to produce print and marketing materials, websites, and information graphics. As a Junior Designer for Burness Communications, the successful candidate would have the opportunity to design for well-known, mission-driven foundations, think tanks, researchers, policy experts, and nonprofit groups worldwide.
The designers duties will include:
- Designing brochures, fact sheets, reports and other publications, often using magazine-style visual techniques.
- Designing websites and email templates.
- Creating charts, graphs, and information graphics from data.
- Designing visually appealing slideshow presentations using PowerPoint and Prezi.
- Developing graphics and animations for video.
- Developing website frontend designs.
- Collaborating with a team to create innovative design solutions across all media.
- Proficiency with Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience with the Office suite--Word, Excel, and PowerPoint--and the use of themes and templates.
- Illustration skills are a big plus.
- Experience with digital and offset printing methods is desired.
- B.A. or equivalent in graphic design.
Successful candidates are:
- Capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and a sense of humor.
- Organized with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about addressing critical issues in health, science, and public policy alongside leading non-profits in the US and abroad.
- Dedicated to creating social change and impact through innovative design approaches.
Burness Communications is a mission-driven firm advancing social change for nonprofits worldwide. Burness offers excellent benefits, competitive salary and a friendly, collegial working environment. Candidates should send a resume and cover letter along with their portfolio to Shannon Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org.